VMware Cloud Community
stevebb
Contributor
Contributor

Vmotion fails at 10%

Guys

I've been around Vmware for a while but never felt the need to ask a quiestion until now...I have a problem with Virtual Centre, particularly VMotion. We are getting problems with Vmotion hanging at 10% then timing out, I've read most of the posts regarding this but none seemed to help. Whilst I was trying to figure out why this had happened I noticed that it was only failing on machines we had rolled out from a template...a machine I had build myslef seemed to work ok...

So I removed the virtual nic from one of the failing machines, rebooted and the thing VMotioned without a hitch, readded the virtual nic and the thing still moved around ok...

Am wondereing why this could be, and would it be the cause of other hangs we are getting in VC - like hanging when trying to update a VM's config ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
boydd
Champion
Champion

Like your saying - could be corrupt virtual hardware (.vmx file). I've seen other things happen too when this happens.

Doug

DB
0 Kudos
Windzhou
Contributor
Contributor

Had this problem last week, found it is network connection problem. try to test the network connection in the VMotion LAN, then problem solved.

0 Kudos