VMware Cloud Community
seangar
Contributor
Contributor

Vmot time out

I am getting a "TimeOut" error from VC 2.02 in our cluster after the 10% limit is reached (and 60 seconds passes) when I try to migrate a live W2k3 Guest.

Any tips on sluthing this ?

TIA

SG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

Yes. Do a vmkping from origin host TO the desination host from the console. See what the results are. vmkping the SC IP and the vmotion IP. Both should ping, if you are getting an error that could be your problem.

Somewhere there is a misconfiguration in the network setup or the FQDN/DNS isn't working.

0 Kudos
seangar
Contributor
Contributor

As usggested I can not vmkping to the VMOT interface. We have SC, VMOT, and NFS all on separate interfaces and networks.

I tried vmkping to other hosts in the cluster and they respond. 1 of the 2 search domain entries (not primary one... secondary) was incorrect for this host. I corrected it. however still no luck. I cant reboot this server if thats what it needs during production hours. Can I restart a servcie at consiole for changes to take affect (if this is the problem) ?

TIA

SG

0 Kudos
seangar
Contributor
Contributor

Last night I shut down all guest and rebooted the Host. I now have vmot restored. Funny thing is after tried vmkping after I rebooted from ssh and another host in the cluster an (from it's SC to problem childs VMOT interface) it failed. Also the TX packets from a ifconfig -a command were only 4 compare to thousands on other boxes.

Sean

0 Kudos