VMware Cloud Community
csteam
Contributor
Contributor

Vm network issues

have a Public, Private, and Load Balanced network set up on Virtual Center. They are all named the same, but when I vmotion a machine from one host to another the Private network doesn't connect it is only when I go into "edit settings" and move off of private, onto another network, and then move it back to private that I get connectivity, where should I look to fix this?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal

Is your private network a nonuplinked network?

--Matt

--Matt VCDX #52 blog.cowger.us
0 Kudos
csteam
Contributor
Contributor

Can you elaborate?

0 Kudos
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal

Does the vswitch for that network have an uplink?

--Matt

0 Kudos
csteam
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure I know where to look to find that, I looked in all of the properties for the vswitch and couldn't find anything about an uplink.

0 Kudos
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal

Post a screen shot of your network tab.

0 Kudos
eldee201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You cannot vmotion a VM that is connected to a network that is local to an ESX server. It's in the ESX admininstration guide. Best thing to do is to disconnect the network card connected to private before vmotioning, then reconnect afterwards.

0 Kudos
csteam
Contributor
Contributor

All ESX hosts have the same shared network, we have 2 cables for each physical network, for a total of 6 plugged into every single esx host... that is not the issue.

0 Kudos
csteam
Contributor
Contributor

Here's the screen shot of my network tab, I deleted the IP addresses from the service console and the vmotion, so there are actual IP addresses there.

0 Kudos