VMware Cloud Community
jkstewie
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VirtualCenter v2.5 menu items blurry and distorted

Hi there, I have just installed VirtualCenter v2.5 with the typical components and installation options. Although I have installed it on a drive other than C:\.

The problem is that the menu items, text and objects seem to be blurry and have slightly distorted backgrounds.

Two attached files, VC.jpg shows the blurry items, VC1.jpg shows a strange black cursor that appears when you hover over a menu option.

I have installed this many times now, using Oracle9i, SQL 2005 Enterprise, and even SQL 2005 express as the database option.

Server is an HP DL360 G5 running Server 2003 SP2.

First I thought it might be related to my client - Vista, however the problem is apparent on Windows XP clients as well.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Jason

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vm-ness
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ClearType Tuning.

A friend of mine had something similar on his VI client which was driving him mad and I didnt.

I noticed he had the ClearType fonts look to his desktop.

He turned it off and it cured that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jkstewie
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have narrowed this down to the client side, and am sure it has something to do with the .net framework that the VI client uses.

0 Kudos
dkfbp
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I have the same problem with my installation of VI on my laptop. Furthermore the VI client crashes when I take a console on a server.

I have seen several threads about this on the forum, but not a solution.

I run my VI client from a citrix server until I figure it out.

Best regards Frank Brix Pedersen blog: http://www.vfrank.org
0 Kudos
vm-ness
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ClearType Tuning.

A friend of mine had something similar on his VI client which was driving him mad and I didnt.

I noticed he had the ClearType fonts look to his desktop.

He turned it off and it cured that.

0 Kudos
jkstewie
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, disabling clear type fonts resolves the blurry text problem. Hopefully there will be an update to resolve this little bug.

0 Kudos
patrickds
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I have the same problem with my installation of VI on my laptop. Furthermore the VI client crashes when I take a console on a server.

I have seen several threads about this on the forum, but not a solution.

I run my VI client from a citrix server until I figure it out.

I've had the same problem.

Got resolved when i uninstalled the Intel Proset wireless software, and just kept the driver.

For good measure i then just removed anything related to networking except drivers.

Check your system for any utilities that get installed with networking drivers. (network switching, wireless tools,...)

0 Kudos