VMware Cloud Community
VirtualTman
Contributor
Contributor

VirtualCenter Management Webservices service keeps stopping/starting after vCenter 4.0 to 4.1 upgrade

I have just done an in-place uphrade from vCenter 4.0 to 4.1

I have noticed afterwards that the VMware virtualcentre management webservices service keeps restarting all the time.

Everything else appears OK and I can log in to vCenter fine.

I also noticed that some of the plugins are disabled (vCenter hardware status, service status and license reporting status) with error that it cannot connect to <servername>:8443/licen-
se-ui/scriptConfig.xml

What could be causing this?

Thanks very much for any help

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

are you able to check thru the events log and see if it tells you anything .. ?

0 Kudos
VirtualTman
Contributor
Contributor

eventlogs just show the service stopping, with event 7031

The VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 929 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

I wonder if it might be java related. I did see this article (link below) but the path to my jre.bin file is valid.

I wonder if I jhave to re-install java?

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101604...

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Did you check the vCenter logs to see if you could find an error message? 

0 Kudos
VirtualTman
Contributor
Contributor

yeah, can't find anything related

I thought it may be firewall blocking the webservices port, but its not, I can telnet localhost on 8443 when the service does run, but then it stops listening when it stops again

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

This kb might solve your problem http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101064...

good luck

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos