VMware Cloud Community
Panzer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VirtualCenter Does Not Correctly Display New License Format

VC 2.0.2 cannot accept a new license file generated today. I notice that the release notes for 2.0.2 update 3 states that this is a known problem with licence files issued after the release of VC 2.5, and that the problem is resolved in 2.0.2 Update 3. However, I cannot install Update 3 at the moment, due to lack of patches on my distributed ESX servers. Does anybody know a workaround so that I can use the new license file ov VC 2.0.2?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kbk00
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I think i had the same problem as you have. Using VMware support, they told me to delete the current license files I had stored and to create a new one. This will bring the license file to a complete consistent format. I had some old licenses that I registered with the old VC 2.0 format and then new licenses that were on the 2.5 format.

When I originally registered, I just combined the two without creating a completely new license file. It showed only half my licenses within VC. When I deleted the old license file like listed above, I eventually saw every license.

Hope this helps...

If the above doesn't work out, you could also always just update your license server for the 2.5 version to see if that helps.

If you found this posting to be useful, great. I didn't waste your time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kbk00
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I think i had the same problem as you have. Using VMware support, they told me to delete the current license files I had stored and to create a new one. This will bring the license file to a complete consistent format. I had some old licenses that I registered with the old VC 2.0 format and then new licenses that were on the 2.5 format.

When I originally registered, I just combined the two without creating a completely new license file. It showed only half my licenses within VC. When I deleted the old license file like listed above, I eventually saw every license.

Hope this helps...

If the above doesn't work out, you could also always just update your license server for the 2.5 version to see if that helps.

0 Kudos