VMware Cloud Community
leif_hannusas1
Contributor
Contributor

VirtualCenter 2.5 and sysprep problem regarding regional settings options.

Hi,

I have problems with sysprep when i create a new vm from preconfigured vm and use a template that is preconfigured for sysprep in virtualcenter; sysprep change regional options to another language.

Is there anyone how knows how to fix this or have hade a similar problem and solved it? beacuse in the wizard for sysprep in virtualcenter 2.5 i cant find any configuration for regonal settings options.

I was born to virtualize.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Chris_Howard
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I had a similar problem the other day.

I found that the regional settings were preserved from the template apart from where we had renamed the administrator account.

You don't happened to have renamed administrator ?

If you found this helpful please consider the use of the Helpful /Correct buttons to award points. Thanks!!

If you found this helpful please consider the use of the Helpful /Correct buttons to award points. Thanks !!
0 Kudos
thedafa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I have these same regional settings problems, and also have a renamed Administrator in my templates.

Have you found any solutions to this?

0 Kudos
Chris_Howard
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Only by renaming the Administrator account back.

If you found this helpful please consider the use of the Helpful /Correct buttons to award points. Thanks !!

0 Kudos
leif_hannusas1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

i solved my problem with regional settings when i create and modified my sysprep.inf fil and imported it in to the VMware Virtual Center > Customization wizard.

0 Kudos
thedafa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Leif,

But then you lose the functionality of VirtualCenter giving the VM a name when deploying this, right?

0 Kudos
uglybob
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem with regional settings. The solution so far appears to be sysprep. Although previous versions of VirtualCenter allow you to reconfigure the script files:

http://virtrix.blogspot.com/2006/11/vmware-setting-regional-settings-for.html

You can get sysprep to prompt for the computername by editing the sysprep.INF file (or the text which has been imported into 'Customization Specifications...'):

ProductKey=HSDKJHSKDFJHKJDSHF

FullName="Joe Bloggs"

OrgName="My Company"

ComputerName=

leaving 'ComputerName' blank will force a prompt during build. It will also prompt for the password, but if this info has been already supplied the fields should be autofilled.

0 Kudos