VMware Cloud Community
leif_hannusas1
Contributor
Contributor

VirtualCenter 2.5 and sysprep problem regarding regional settings options.

Hi,

I have problems with sysprep when i create a new vm from preconfigured vm and use a template that is preconfigured for sysprep in virtualcenter; sysprep change regional options to another language.

Is there anyone how knows how to fix this or have hade a similar problem and solved it? beacuse in the wizard for sysprep in virtualcenter 2.5 i cant find any configuration for regonal settings options.

I was born to virtualize.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
L0k3_m0r
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Friend

The only way either then made a template using sysprep was installed when a vm, start the sysprep, vm and thus converted to a template, so every time you make a vm starting templante that when the boot in der vm he will now ask all regional options, among other licenses

Well I hope I have helped

0 Kudos
daniel-san
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello.

You can use sysprep configurationfiles for this issue, you can also script postscripts with register changes for windows to load into the register.

Regards

Daniel

admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi

I got the same problem and open a case at VMware... One way to solve this issue is to generate manually a sysprep file using the Microsoft Sysprep Tools and import this file to a new customisation specification.

0 Kudos
leif_hannusas1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

i have tested sysprep with sysprep.inf file solution and it works in a way but is there a way to merge in the function from vmware customize wizard where i use: Speceify namne for this computer -> use the virtual machinename into sysprep.inf file?

Thanks everyone for all the answers.

0 Kudos
leif_hannusas1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Here is my review one what i done to allmost solve my problem.

I have tested to modify the xml file for the use of xml tags but that dident work; the import to virtualcenter just removed my modifications.

0 Kudos
estadler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have simular problem. How do I add Remote Desktop to Firewall Exceptions via sysprep?

(Once VDM provisions and customizes the new VM you cannot connect to it since Remote Desktop setting is reset.)

0 Kudos
leif_hannusas1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

In sysprep.inf there are a section that is called just add a link to a create *.bat file that are located on the template that uses the command REG IMPORT

of a *.reg file with this value in it after the reboot is should fix you problem.

"fDenyTSConnections"=dword:00000001

Hopes this helps.

0 Kudos