VMware Cloud Community
rterra
Contributor
Contributor

VirtualCenter 2.5 Update 1 Build discrepancy

Hello Folks,

On Friday, 04.11.08 I downloaded VirtualCenter 2.5 Update 1 (Vmware-VIMSetup-2.5.0-84782.iso). I upgraded a current Virtual Center (2.0.2 build 62327). The upgrade went smooth. However, when I go to the "about VMware" menu, it reports that I am running VMware VirtualCenter 2.5.0 Build 84767. I would expect to see build 84782. Is this normal, or did something not work according to plan?

On a similar note, when I check Add/Remove programs, I see the following 4 entries:

VMware Infrastructure Client 2.5

VMware Infrastructure Update

Vmware Client 2.0

VMware VirtualCenter Server

I believe I can uninstall VMware Client 2.0. Are the "Update" and "Server" both part of v2.5.0?

Thanks in advance!

- Bob

0 Kudos
3 Replies
java_cat33
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Have a look at this thread.....

0 Kudos
rterra
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! That helped...I think. Smiley Happy Not sure if I'm more confused or not. At about the 3rd page of the thread, it looks like 84767 is the correct build. I'll keep monitoring. Thanks for the tip to the thread.

- Bob

0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

According the the Virtual Center Update 1 release notes, Build 84767 is the current build.

Yes, the Update and server are part of 2.5.

If you don't have any VC 2.0.2, then you don't need that client anymore, but if you do, then do not remove it. That client will be used to connect to those.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos