VMware Cloud Community
MKS8
Contributor
Contributor

Virtual Machine Operations counter

I am trying to figure out how many VMs I created past year on my vSphere 4.1 cluster. I go to the performance tab of the cluster via vSphere client and pick the "Virtual Machine Operations" and within that pick the counter "VM create count" and the one year interval. To my surprise it comes back with zero. I am certain that more than 50 VMs were created in that cluster in the past year. The Collection Level is 2. I am confused. Am I using the wrong counter ? How can I determine how many VMs were created past year in this cluster ? Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi MKS8

Could you please check below link and run that script without total disk size script.

http://www.bvanleeuwen.nl/faq/?p=145

"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoe."
0 Kudos
MKS8
Contributor
Contributor

Juan11,

I am not looking to find out how many VMs I have in that cluster which that link/script seems to be doing. I can get that info easily from the vSphere client. I am trying to find out how many VMs were added (or deleted) into/from the environment in a given time period. For example, past month or past year how many VMs were added or deleted in/from a cluster. The counter "VM create count" and "VM delete count" apeear to be the right ones, except that they do not seem to be doing that.

0 Kudos