VMware Cloud Community
Jitu1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Virtual Centre licence

Hi,

I am using server based licence for my esx server . Now i have 10 ESX box added in Virtual centre and want to add 5 more.I dont know the how max i can add to virtual centre, can you please suggest me how can i check this in advance..many thanks in advance.

Jitu1

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
espi3030
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The answer is...

"Number of hosts per virtual cluster 32"

as per .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ejward
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

i don't know the exact number but, it's a LOT more than 15. I believe it's in the hundreds. I've got 25 so, you should be all set.

0 Kudos
bigdee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

In VC2.5 you can add up to 200 ESX Hosts to VC if there are enough licenses installed.

You can check the current license count with the VI Client if you click on the "Admin"-Button and select the tab "Licenses"

0 Kudos
aldin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Table 7. VirtualCenter Maximums

Item Maximum

Number of virtual machines (for management server scalability) 2000

Number of hosts per DRS cluster 32

Number of hosts per HA cluster 32

Number of hosts per VirtualCenter server 200

0 Kudos
Jitu1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks you very much.

Jitu1

0 Kudos
espi3030
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The answer is...

"Number of hosts per virtual cluster 32"

as per .

0 Kudos
Jitu1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I am ruuning two VM ( A & B) on one ESX host it has 4 dual core processor of 2.66ghz .Initially i asigned 1 vcpu for each VM.after that my VM A is showing 100% cpu utilization.and application running on that server was not working fine.after that i incresed the share value and no of Vcpu and increased the limit then my problem became resolved but not 100% ,still CPU utilization is 60% i have given more than 90% share to this VM.Any suggestion on this.

Jitu1

0 Kudos