VMware Cloud Community
mewing
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Virtual Center patch 2 install wants disk 1 and I only have 1 disk

I hope somebody has a fix for this issue. I had my database guys do the pre-upgrade tasks. I then started the install from the cd, answered all the standard questions then it started the install. It went for a minute and then popped up a dialog box asking me to insert disk 1. Well I only have one disk. Does anybody know what it wants?

I do have a SR open but I really need to get this figured out as I can't get into Virtual Center now, it's refusing connections.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VirtualNoitall
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello,

Copy all the files to a network share, or the local server, and then install the from there instead of the CD?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
VirtualNoitall
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello,

Copy all the files to a network share, or the local server, and then install the from there instead of the CD?

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You might try downloading the zip instead, copying it to the VC server and run it. I never use the ISO CD images.

mewing
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks much, I copied the CD to the local drive and it worked fine.

0 Kudos
abaum
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Lucky you. When this happened to me, I had to remove VC from my server and re-install. Copying/installing from local drive and network drive failed.

adam

0 Kudos
rollinjack
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I had the same problem. I had to shutdown the McAfee Antivirus before running the Patch 2 upgrade. There was an eventID 257, source "Alert Manager Event", logged in the application event log. As stated before, I also copied the CD content on the local hard drive.

0 Kudos