VMware Cloud Community
rayan68
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Virtual Center and Virtual Machine

I have a Virtual Center installed in a physical machine , I would like to perform some upgrade in this server , but as a backup plan I want to convert this machine to a virtual machine , so in case of anything gose wrong with the physical server , I know at that time I will not be able to connect to the virtual center , is there is anyway to power on the virtual machine which has the virtual center from the command line. and can I do that by login to the ESX server directly using SSH ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can use this logged in as root - vmware-cmd /nas/vms/FreeBSD/FreeBSD.vmx startas as an example to start a FreeDSD VM stored on a NAS device

If you find this or any other answer correct please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can also connect directly to the ESX host via the VI Client and start the machine that way -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
rayan68
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

But is there is a command can power on a virtual machine when I login to the ESX server in case I have to use it ?

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can use this logged in as root - vmware-cmd /nas/vms/FreeBSD/FreeBSD.vmx startas as an example to start a FreeDSD VM stored on a NAS device

If you find this or any other answer correct please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

0 Kudos