VMware Cloud Community
smanziano
Contributor
Contributor

Virtual Center Service will not start - Error 1067 -

Just installed VC on a Windows 2003 Server. And the Virtual Center service will not start up. When I view the vpxd.log it see this error. Where is this pulling in this information from ?

\[2007-06-01 12:09:54.014 'App' 2192 info] \[VpxLRO] 600-second task lifetime

\[2007-06-01 12:09:54.092 'App' 2192 error] ODBC error: (28000) - \[Microsoft]\[ODBC SQL Server Driver]\[SQL Server]Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

\[2007-06-01 12:09:54.092 'App' 2192 error] No pool found with id 1

\[2007-06-01 12:09:54.092 'App' 2192 error] Failed to intialize VMware VirtualCenter. Shutting down...

0 Kudos
12 Replies
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal

From your ODBC connection, it should of prompted you for this when you installed VC. Is your SQL server local or remote? I would make sure your ODBC connections works correctly then re-install it.

0 Kudos
smanziano
Contributor
Contributor

Yes my ODBC connection is working properly now. I updated the Service to start with the acct that has permissions to the DB. Now I dont get any log error. But the service is still not starting up. Are there any other logs I can view or check ?

0 Kudos
doubleH
Expert
Expert

i had a similar issue and after putting in patch 2 for VC it resolved my issue. what version and sp of sql are you running?

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points
0 Kudos
smanziano
Contributor
Contributor

SQL 2005 with SP2

0 Kudos
doubleH
Expert
Expert

VC?

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points
0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal

Check the Windows event viewer or the log files in the C:\Windows\Temp\VPX directory or C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\vpx directory

It also saves the login info in the registry in encrypted format, you may have to run the install again to get that updated correctly.

Also see this doc...

http://download3.vmware.com/vmworld/2006/tac4096.pdf

0 Kudos
Mikeis4AU
Contributor
Contributor

Under services for the VC server what does it show for the Log On As account?

0 Kudos
beerorkid
Contributor
Contributor

Mikeis4AU you solved my issue. That is strange, but as long as it works I am happy.

Thanks

0 Kudos
gdillenbeck
Contributor
Contributor

After the upgrade of my VC to 2.5 I received the following error: ODBC error: (28000) - [ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user

Mikeis4au: Thank you very much for your assistance as I needed to change how the VC server service logon account was configured.

0 Kudos
CWedge
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is EPOCH FAIL!

We just went though the installation and it literally changed our domain user to LocalSystem user.

I can't believe this gets through QA.

0 Kudos
rolandesign
Contributor
Contributor

i just modify the 'VMware VirtualCenter Server' service Log On user (Local System) account to a domain user who have access to the remote database server,

and it's work fine for me.

peace

0 Kudos
romatlo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank goodness for the forums!! Changing the VC service login to domain administrator worked me, too!!!

Thanks!!

0 Kudos