VMware Cloud Community
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Virtual Center Performance Reports?

How do I configure Virtual Center to report the average CPU utilization of a particular VM for the past year?

I've selected the correct options within the chart but the report only presents the data as of this past month.

This this an option with Virtual Center or my SQL server?

Jason

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mstahl75
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You could have been hit by the stat roll-up bug. However, you would have lost stats prior to that but I would think you would have something[/i] there.

You didn't by chance overwrite your DB when upgrading? That would be consistent with no data before the upgrade.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
mstahl75
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

It should report all the data for the past year, if it exists. I just tested on one of my VMs and I have good data back to late June and spotty data back to a year ago.

Our installation got hit by the stats rollup bug in earlier versions of VirtualCenter causing my spotty numbers/values.

So if you have good data then it should just work.

JDLangdon
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

How do I tell if I have good data? The VM has been running for a year so I assume that the data has been collected.

0 Kudos
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It looks as though my graphs end at the same time we upgraded to VC 2.02.

0 Kudos
mstahl75
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You could have been hit by the stat roll-up bug. However, you would have lost stats prior to that but I would think you would have something[/i] there.

You didn't by chance overwrite your DB when upgrading? That would be consistent with no data before the upgrade.

0 Kudos
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I don't think I over wrote anything.

0 Kudos
mstahl75
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I guess my next question would be, does only this one VM not have the stats? Or is the stat issue on all systems and/or subcomponents (VM and ESX server / ram, cpu, network)? You said graphs, so I guess the latter.

JDLangdon
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It appears that I have no stats for any performance charts prior to a specific date. I'm leaning towards this having to do with my VC 2.01 - 2.02 upgrade.

Since posting this thread I've opened a resuqest with tech support.

Jason

0 Kudos