VMware Cloud Community
nicko82
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Virtual Center Licenses Question?

Hi,

I currently have Virtual Center Foundation License

I get 6 socket host with HA, Vmotion DRS, VCB, I'm not sure how all theses features were added to the foundation package, my boss bought the license.

I'm using all licenses with three 2 Socket CPU ESX hosts.

It appears I cant add more than three hosts to the Virtual Center, Could some please tell me if this is a limitation of the Foundation License?

I was thinking of deploying ESXi for development and adding them to the same VC.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The VC Foundation license only supports a maximum of 3 ESX Hosts - the number of CPUs can be up to the maximum of 8 - so if you were licensed for 24 sockets/CPUs - you would be able to run 3x8 CPU hosts - VC does support more than 3 hosts but to add more than 3 hosts you will need to upgrade an enterprise version form your foundation license

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The VC Foundation license only supports a maximum of 3 ESX Hosts - the number of CPUs can be up to the maximum of 8 - so if you were licensed for 24 sockets/CPUs - you would be able to run 3x8 CPU hosts - VC does support more than 3 hosts but to add more than 3 hosts you will need to upgrade an enterprise version form your foundation license

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos