VMware Cloud Community
fitzie22
Contributor
Contributor

Virtual Center 2.5U4 and Win 2008

So in the release notes one of the improvements with U4 is 2008 customization

Guest Operating System Customization Improvements - VirtualCenter now supports customization of Windows Server 2008 guest operating systems.

Unless I am totally missing something when you go to build a new vm there is no windows 2008 template to choose from. (see pic)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
tWiZzLeR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

fitzie22 - Windows 2008 (both 32 and 64) are available on mine since I upgraded. Did you also upgrade the VMware Infrastructure Client (VIC) that you are using to connect to vCenter? You can download the new version of the client 2.5.0 build 147663 from your vCenter Server's webpage.

0 Kudos
fitzie22
Contributor
Contributor

ok so I thought I was loosing my mind and still might be but I am running 2.5.0 build 147663 for both the client and server. I installed the client on 3 different machiches and it is still not giving me the 2008 customizations. definatelly interesting.

0 Kudos
vistaphotos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just wondering, does the version of ESX you're using support Win 2008? Support started in ESX 3.5 Update 2 I believe http://www.vmware.com/pdf/GuestOS_guide.pdf :smileyblush:

0 Kudos
fitzie22
Contributor
Contributor

Well there it is and that is my problem. I was on 3.0.2 and not 3.5. Unbeleivable. I have been running 208 on vmware for a while with no problem though.

0 Kudos