Anders_JÃ_rgens
Contributor
Contributor

Virtual Center 2.5 Runtime Error. EventType clr20r3

Hi.

After installing Virtual Center 2.5 I get this Event error:

Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 error

Event ID: 5000

EventType clr20r3, P1 vpxclient.exe, P2 2.5.0.0, P3 473e7010, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4333ab80, P7 32f8, P8 21c, P9 system.io.ioexception, P10 NIL.

The error apears when I start the VC client on the win2003 server. I tried to upgrade to .net framework 3.0 but it didnt change anything.

I would apreciate any usefull comments that will help me solve this problem.

Regards

Anders Jørgensen

0 Kudos
14 Replies
benschaefer
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get this resolved.

We're having the same issue, removing .NET 3.0 has no positive effect.

Thanks!

Ben Schaefer

0 Kudos
Anders_JÃ_rgens
Contributor
Contributor

No I didnt.

Besides from the event error, the annoying thing is the VC client closing every now and then when I do changes in the vmware cluster.

Reinstalling the VC client on the server didnt fix the "application closing" issue but after I installed the client on my personal computer and then refering to the server on the loggin I have no problem using it. the event error is still there though. I supose reinstalling windows server from scratch is the only sollution.

0 Kudos
ullerdk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Anders.

I have exactly the same problem after upgrading from VC2.5 to VC2.U1.

The problem is with the VC client on the VC server itself (W2K3 R2). I have also upgraded the client on my Windows Vista notebook, and that client is working OK.

Have you found a solution to this problem?

I have an open ticket a vmware on this issue.

Regards

Ulrik Andreassen

0 Kudos
Anders_JÃ_rgens
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

No, the problem is still there. Like you im working with the client installed on my Vista workstation.

Please update this thread when you get answers on your ticket

Regards

Anders Jørgensen

0 Kudos
claxton
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ullerdk,

Did you ever get the ticket resolved with VMware? I am having the exact same issue as everyone has described here. It did not start happening until I upgraded to VC2.U.1.

0 Kudos
ullerdk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi claxton.

I managed to solve the problem myself. I uninstalled the VC client, the Update manager client and the Converter Enterprise client and install them all again. That fixed the problem on my W2K3 server where both the VC server and the VC client is installed.

0 Kudos
benschaefer
Contributor
Contributor

Good one ullerdk!

Fixed it for me, I hadn't tried taking out the other 2 clients, just the VC client. Application log not reporting anything wrong, client doesn't crash randomly anymore.

0 Kudos
keiranm
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem after upgrading to VC 2.5 U1

Removing the Update and Converter clients, as well as the Virtual Infrastructure Client, then reinstalling has resolved it.

0 Kudos
Rajesh_rk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have same issue and i uninstalled vc client, update manager and converter client then reinstalled no luck its not working still facing the same issue.

0 Kudos
ullerdk
Contributor
Contributor

Tak for din email.

Jeg afholder ferie i ugerne 27-29. Jeg er tilbage igen mandag den 21. juli kl. 8.00, hvorefter jeg vil kunne besvare din email.

Thank you for your email.

I am out of the office until Monday 21. July due to vacation.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Ulrik Andreassen

Jydsk Planteservice A/S

Tele- og IT-ansvarlig

0 Kudos
daniel345
Contributor
Contributor

We are using the client shipped with the pre update 1 of VC and that solved the problem. I have an open ticket at VMWare.

/Daniel

0 Kudos
achvn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Daniel,

Did Vmware support resolved your problem ?

We are facing the same issue here.

thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
daniel345
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare needed log files from the previous version of the client, so I downgraded a client on an XP machine but choosed to install update manager by downloading it and after that I could not recreate the error. A DLL might have been registrated. Since the error is gone, it does not make sense to put to much energy into recreate the installation in chronological order.....

Update 2 does not seem to have this problem at all, so I suggest going to update 2 directly. Or be sure to use the ISO of the update 1 and install update manager separatly.

Best regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
achvn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I did upgrade evrything to update 2 and it seems to be ok now.

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos