VMware Cloud Community
dbeaudet01
Contributor
Contributor

Virtual Center 2.0 with ESX server 3.5

Hi, I did some search but did not find anything. Is a Virtual Center version 2.0 can manage 1 datacenter with ESX 3.02 servers and 1 datacenter with ESX server 3.5 at the sametime?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

I know VC 2.5 can - I think there are issues with 2.0 managing the things like HA and DRS - what are you trying to do? In other why not upgrade your VC 2.0 to 2.5?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
dbeaudet01
Contributor
Contributor

Well...... all our servers are currently on ESX 3.02. We just added 2 new servers but the guy installed them on 3.5. Before reinstalling them I was checking if it was possible to have that.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

I would reinstall 3.02 since the install is easy - just to be safe

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
petedr
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I don't think that VC 2.0 can manage a 3.5 host, you would need to upgrade to VC 2.5. As was stated since the servers were just installed it may be better to re-install with 3.0.2

Check page 11-12 of the VMware Infrastructure Compatibility Matrixes for the chart for which version of VC can manage which host versions

http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/vi_pages/vi_pubs_35.html

www.thevirtualheadline.com www.liquidwarelabs.com
0 Kudos