VMware Cloud Community
RAlltuck
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Virt. Center 2.5 Alarm Notification to multiple emails

In using Virtual Center 2.5 and in setting up an alarm setting, how do you get the alarm email announcement sent to multiple email addresses? On the Action tab of Alarm Setting, and in the Value area for "Send a notification email" I can enter 1 email address but no more. I have tried separting the email address with commas and semi-colons but all I get is an error message indicating an invalid email address. How can you have a notification email sent to multiple email addresses?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dsanders
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Could you setup a distribution list on your mail server? Then just have virtual center send an e-mail to vmware@somedomain.com.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
dsanders
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Could you setup a distribution list on your mail server? Then just have virtual center send an e-mail to vmware@somedomain.com.

0 Kudos
jasonboche
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yep. Use mail-enabled d-lists.

Jas

[i]Jason Boche[/i]

[VMware Communities User Moderator|http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-2444][/i]

VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
0 Kudos
rossb2b
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I also use distribution lists for this

0 Kudos
njovanelly
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is there another solution to this problem? I am in situation where a distro list is not an option. We do nto have an email system setup, just an SMTP relay that sends notifications to multiple contractors who are employed by multiple companies. Currently the notifications are setup to send to two people but VC (2.5) will not let me make changes.

0 Kudos
njovanelly
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Disregard, I resolved the issue by adding a seperate action for each email address.

0 Kudos
RAlltuck
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I had our groupwise admin create a distribution list which contains the emails of the people to be notified. I sent the message to the distribution list which forwards the emails to everyone in the list.

0 Kudos
lwinnert
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

; or , are in the help file as separators..... Do not work.

As a workaround I setup individual actions with 1 address in ea.

0 Kudos