VMware Cloud Community
Khue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Version

What's the easiest way to figure out what version/update your environment is currently on for vCenter? I was looking into some features for my vCenter and they don't appear to be available. I am thinking it's because I am a release behind or so.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sreekanth_reddy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I am not talking about webpage.

I am talking about the Virtual Center application window. There you will be able to find the information I have specified.

Thanks

Sree Kanth

Hypervisor Engineering

Dell Inc.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sreekanth_reddy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

In the Virtual Center page, click on Help and then select About VMware Infrastructure.

You will be shown both the Version of VC and the Build no of VC.

weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What features are you looking for?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
Khue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I made a post about a month back about scheduling recurring P2V operations and someone mentioned you could do it through VC. Now, all I have ever used is the VIC and I only have the option to do a one time only P2V operation. I thought that this was potentially an issue with the versioning. Sreddy mentioned the webpage, and I haven't used a VMware webpage since ESX version 2. I am looking at the webpage now and seeing if I can track down what he/she is pointing out.

0 Kudos
sreekanth_reddy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I am not talking about webpage.

I am talking about the Virtual Center application window. There you will be able to find the information I have specified.

Thanks

Sree Kanth

Hypervisor Engineering

Dell Inc.

0 Kudos
Khue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have found the information in both locations. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos