VMware Cloud Community
Nithiyan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vcenter is very slow

There is some issue in our Vcenter .We have created the cluster and added 8 ESX host enabled DRS ,HA.

The issue is two ESX host is not responding in cluster and we cannot do any task in the vcenter .It is very slow response.

After restart the Vcenter HA ,DRS was unselected from cluster and One ESx host connected the cluster another esx is stated not responding and VC is very slow. During the time system started migrating job .Totally hanged the Vcenter.

How to find and fix the problem?

Anyone can help on this issue.

Note :I have checked all esx host to connect VI client everything working fine.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
johnswb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

All it take is 2min for my VC lic server to be down. Not sure why.

Will Johnson

VCP on VI3 / VI4 vSphere

&

2009/2010 vEXPERT

Will Johnson VCP on VI3 / VI4 vSphere 5
0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101662...

maybe helpeful

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"*

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
Tallies
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Nithiyan

I havent seen you mention whether your Virtual centre server is running as a VM or as a physical Box can you also please advice if you having Poor performance with the server when your virtual Centre service is stopped,Can you also try disable TOE (Large tcp offload engine) on your network adapter on the vc and see if this resolves your issue..

Can you also please advice if you have tried reinstalling your Virtual Centre Server from Scratch..'

If you find this information helpfull Please consider rewarding Points..'

0 Kudos