VMware Cloud Community
p6du95
Contributor
Contributor

Vcenter is disconnected

Hi everyone,

I'm part of school group which is currently working on a vmware infrastructure.

Through the several past steps, we have installed a vmware Vcenter hosted on an ESXI.

The main we encounter is that our vcenter appears sometimes as disconnected on the vsphere client, without any further information ( it's up this morning, but it was down yesterday evening).

Consequently, all of our virtual machines , vlan and network configuration disappear ont the client.

We tried to update it ( from version 6.7 to 7) , to relaunch it multiple times , to reinstall it but without any results.

In our setup, we have a pfsense which have the role of an internet gateway; maybe it has an impact on the configuration, but it has no restricted rules applied

If anyone has some ideas to solve this problem, it will be a great help Smiley Happy

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ajay1988
Expert
Expert

Check VMware Knowledge Base​  

If you think your queries have been answered
Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful".

Regards,
AJ
0 Kudos
p6du95
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply,

We already did that but it doesn't work so much; it just decrease a bit the frequency of "vcenter deconnexion".

However the probleme is still there.

Any other ideas ?

P.B

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Attaching the log mentioned in that KB article would probably help.

(But please use the Attach function in the bottom-right of the post creator)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
p6du95
Contributor
Contributor

Here a capture of vpxd.log on last night.

Regards

P.B

0 Kudos