VMware Cloud Community
gkt145
Contributor
Contributor

Vcenter License

Hi All,

I have 2 type of license (enterprise and fundamental) and ESXi Server (free licensing) also. using Vcenter server i am not able manage my fundamental license ESX host as well ESXi host. Can any help me out this issue. How do i manage those host from Vcenter which is already working.

Regards

GKT

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I understood the question the wrong way.

after read a rparker ask, follow link to donwload License server

Server > VMware License Server User Guide. See also “Obtaining License Files” on page 48 and “Installing License Files” on page 49

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vi3_35/esx_3/r35u2/vi3_35_25_u2_installation_guide.pdf

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"*

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

vCenter 2.5 your licenses are managed from a license server. You have to have centralized license files created from your license portal on the VM Ware administration site.

So your first step is you need to create the proper files that can be hosted on the license server. Did you setup a license server and did you make them a centralized license file?

Plus if you can't merge them into a single managed server license, you can't have more than 1 license file on the license server, so that may be a limitation of enterprise / fundamental.

With vSphere this is much easier you can manage them all from one place, regardless of type.

0 Kudos