VMware Cloud Community
saniplastic
Contributor
Contributor

Vcenter HA error "The object ManagedObjectReference has already been deleted or has not been completely created"

Hi to All

I want to config Vcenter HA but when click 'SETUP VCENTER HA' get this error:

"The object ManagedObjectReference has already been deleted or has not been completely created"

vcenter 6.7.0 42000

3 esxi host 6.7

can anyone one help?

thanks.

17 Replies
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

Can you check if you find these messages on the logs?

VMware Knowledge Base

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
nirmalgnair
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @saniplastic,

Kindly check if you have a second NIC attached to the VCSA. If yes, remove the additional NIC and try again.

Regards,

Nirmal Nair

0 Kudos
saniplastic
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I checked that.but cant help.

I have no snapshot for vCSA machin.

0 Kudos
saniplastic
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I setup private network for vcenter ha and add second nic to vcsa before.

as you suggest remove and re add nic.

but dont help.

regards

0 Kudos
saniplastic
Contributor
Contributor

vcenter ha.jpg

0 Kudos
nirmalgnair
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi

There is no need to add the secondary NIC. The process will create the NIC.

Could you please remove the secondary NIC and try to configure again. If it fails, please upload the vsphere_client_virgo.log from /var/log/vmware/vsphere-ui/logs (If you are using HTML 5 Client)

Regards,

Nirmal Nair

UmeshShardul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello ,

Please see below article which might help you. Which is basically on how to configure network in order to set Vcenter HA.

Configure the Network

Thank you,

Umesh Shardul.

Do mark helpful if this helps you by any mean.

0 Kudos
saniplastic
Contributor
Contributor

HI

i tried but didnt worked.

I upload log in here

Regards

0 Kudos
nirmalgnair
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thank you for uploading the logs....this is what I see from logs

[2020-02-22T09:52:39.009Z] [ERROR] http-nio-5090-exec-5         70006156 100168 200003 com.vmware.vsphere.client.h5.vcha.VchaMutationProvider            Error while calling vcha active.get com.vmware.vapi.std.errors.Error: Error (com.vmware.vapi.std.errors.error) => {

messages = [LocalizableMessage (com.vmware.vapi.std.localizable_message) => {

id = vapi.ManagedObjectNotFound.summary,

defaultMessage = The object 'vim.dvs.DistributedVirtualPortgroup:dvportgroup-1610' has already been deleted or has not been completely created,

args = [ManagedObjectReference]

}],

data = <null>

}

at java.lang.Thread.getStackTrace(Thread.java:1559)

at com.vmware.vapi.bindings.client.AsyncCallbackSyncAdapter.get_aroundBody1$advice(AsyncCallbackSyncAdapter.java:49)]

Seems like you had a dVS port group...try using a new port group.

Regards,

Nirmal Nair

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to vCenter Server

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
milesthomp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have this same issue.

Was running VCHA then wanted to switch around passive and witness nodes but couldn't see how to without removing HA and starting the setup from scratch.

Now I have the same error

[2020-04-03T18:41:55.313Z] [ERROR] tp-nio-127.0.0.1-5090-exec-8 70002576 100091 200004 com.vmware.vsphere.client.h5.vcha.VchaMutationProvider            Error while calling vcha active.get com.vmware.vapi.std.errors.Error: Error (com.vmware.vapi.std.errors.error) => {

defaultMessage = The object 'vim.dvs.DistributedVirtualPortgroup:dvportgroup-5774' has already been deleted or has not been completely created,

args = [ManagedObjectReference]

I've tried putting the 2nd nic into a new DVS port group but it didn't help.

Do I have to remove the passive and witness ndoes?

0 Kudos
milesthomp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Nirmal

I tried deleting the port group that was previously used and still get the same error.

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
AndaSquared
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I also had the same issue.
For me it worked out to switch back from the HTML 5 client to the deprecated FLEX web client.
there I was able to build up the vCenter HA again without any issues.

I am running VCSA at version 6.7.0.44100

Regards,
Andreas

0 Kudos
UofS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This seems to work but the flex client  will want to create new VMs and not re-use existing VMs  that were left there in hopes of reusing.

the HTML5 client implied you could re-use existing VMs if you didnt delete the VMs during the removal process.

0 Kudos
guidosavastano
Contributor
Contributor

For me the solution was to create a new PortGroup and migrate the vCenter network there.

threadcl
Contributor
Contributor

yes, it's working now, thank you.

0 Kudos
LarsTC
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there,

we've the same problem with version 7.0.1d
Under 6.7u2 we used vcha, but before we upgraded to 7 we deleted our vcha. 

Now we have the same error message in the gui and in the log:

root@vcenter [ ~ ]# cat /var/log/vmware/vsphere-ui/logs/vsphere_client_virgo.log
[2021-02-11T15:24:41.135Z] [ERROR] http-nio-5090-exec-60        70001976 100003 200002 com.vmware.vsphere.client.h5.vcha.VchaMutationProvider            Error while calling vcha active.get com.vmware.vapi.std.errors.Error: Error (com.vmware.vapi.std.errors.error) => {
    defaultMessage = The object 'vim.dvs.DistributedVirtualPortgroup:dvportgroup-2656' has already been deleted or has not been completely created,
    args = [ManagedObjectReference],
    params = <null>,
    localized = <null>
}],
    data = <null>,
    errorType = ERROR
}

Is it possible to manually assign one portid (in this case 2656) to a excisting dvportgroup ?

Regards

Lars

0 Kudos