VMware Cloud Community
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Vcenter Appliance

Going through my first vcenter appliance and need to find out what i'm not getting with the IP address setup.  There is no Network option on the opening screen and it says to point the browser to Htps://0.0.0.0:5480 but I can't seem to get it to connect.  This is in a test environment and currently there is no dhcp server.  I tried local host as well but that didn't work either.  Can anyone lend a hand?  Thanks.

P.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I got it running.   had to login, run a command /opt/VMware/vami/vami_config_net in order to get it to a point that I can configure the network settings.  POnce I did that then I can login a nd configure the server.  There is still no network option on the main console screen though.  Thanks for the assistance guys!  Much appreciated. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you'll need to log into the console of the appliance to first configure the IP.  From there you can use the web UI.

below is an old step by step but may help get you pointed in the right direction

vSphere 5 vCenter Server Virtual Appliance Quick-Start Guide | VMwire

prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Troy,

Like I mentioned there is no Networking Config option on the console.  All I see is Login and Set Time

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I can't say I've seen that.  Have you tried to download the appliance and import the appliance again?

0 Kudos
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes.  Tried it twice.  I will keep digging.  Thanks

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You said "This is in a test environment ..."!? Do you install the vCenter Server on an ESXi host or on VMware Workstation?

André

0 Kudos
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I got it running.   had to login, run a command /opt/VMware/vami/vami_config_net in order to get it to a point that I can configure the network settings.  POnce I did that then I can login a nd configure the server.  There is still no network option on the main console screen though.  Thanks for the assistance guys!  Much appreciated.