VMware Cloud Community
Rodeoboy38
Contributor
Contributor

Vcenter Appliance and VDDK

I am very new to Vmware and I am slightly confused.  I am running Sep Sesam for our backups and need to install the VDDK plugin in order to backup our Virtual servers.  We are using the Vcenter Appliance instead of the Windows Server version of Vcenter.  Do I install the VDDK software into the VCenter Appliance or does it installed into the Virtual SLES 11 servers installed on the Vcenter server?

Just wondering,

Ken

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mritservice
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Ken,

we have now the same problem VCenter Apppliance (5.5 1C) and SEP Sesam as Backup Software.

"...The Backup Jobs failed cause of missing VDDK"

Do you meanwhile found a Solution for your Problem ?
Thanks.

Marco

0 Kudos
Rodeoboy38
Contributor
Contributor

No I didnt't need to install the VDDK files because my SEP Server came with the files needed to access my VCenter.  I just had to make sure that I was able to connect to the Vcenter Server via SSH.  Now the only thing is right now for mine (4.4 version) is that their licensing of Vcenter is still not working as designed.  So in order for me to backup all of my vms on multiple ESXI servers, they have to issue me a license for all of the ESXI servers instead of just one Vcenter license.

I was told by my sales person to contact tech support and tell them I have an installation issue and it would not count against my # of  tech incidences.  I have to admit that their tech support was great and they logged in and had it running in no time.

Sincerely,

Ken

0 Kudos