VMware Cloud Community
ozgurmazlum
Contributor
Contributor

Vcenter 6.7 active directory user connection problem: Invalid credentials

Hello,

Current vcenter version : 6.7.0 build-14070654 . I updated to 6.7.0.42000 version. But I have a problem with active directory user login. I tried leave and rejoin active directory. But problem is continues.

Username and password correct. I test different user connected successfully. But some user not connect. If I re back old vcenter version. All user can connecting.

INFO  auditlogger] {"user":"VM\\ozgur","client":"IP","timestamp":"03/03/2020 11:32:09 UTC","description":"User VM\\ozgur@IP failed to log in with response code 401","eventSeverity":"INFO","type":"com.vmware.sso.LoginFailure"}

ERROR com.vmware.identity.samlservice.AuthnRequestState] Caught Saml Service Exception from authenticate com.vmware.identity.samlservice.SamlServiceException com.vmware.identity.samlservice.impl.SAMLAuthnResponseSender] Responded with ERROR 401 message Invalid credentials

INFO  com.vmware.identity.BaseSsoController] End processing SP-Initiated SSO response. Session was created.

Do you have any idea.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to vCenter Server

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
VivekThacker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I believe you are using identity source as IWA. If you use identity source as LDAP/LDAPs are you still facing the same issue.

Regards,
Vivek Thacker

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Please take a look at the VMware KB: VMware Knowledge Base

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

/Jon

0 Kudos