VMware Cloud Community
OK_IT_Guy
Contributor
Contributor

Vcenter 5.x w/ Esxi 5.5 My new LAB

This is in sorts a multi part question and I am not sure where to post it to start with. Yet Vcenter touches every aspect or the environment and from hardware to deployment, monitoring and so on.  ( Yes a bit of an understatement )

I am building a LAB for Virtualization experience and my own on going use as it relates to testing, learning, troubleshooting and most of all  GEEKING OUT!

I have 1 dell PE 2950  on the approved Vsphere 5.5 list and running the Dell Build for ESXi 5.5, 4 GIG Nics 8TB internal Storage 32BG Ram,  Netgear 16 port Pro Safe Plus Smart Switch Layer 2 compliant, 2x Levno / EMC ix2-dl NAS 6 TB storage solutions ( Vm ware approved ) several workstations and laptops.

I am having truble understanding and getting Vcenter manager VMware-vcops-5.7.2.0-1314472-vapp to install / be imported into ESXi 5.5.0 Build1331820.  When I try to in bring VMware-vcops-5.7.2.0-1314472-vapp into VM Workstation 10.0.1 build-1379776 i recive this error       -- >

ERROR received in VM WS 10.x

The import failed because G:\Download\VMware-vcops-5.7.2.0-1314472-vapp.ova did not pass OVF specification conformance or virtual hardware compliance checks.

Click Retry to relax OVF specification and virtual hardware compliance checks and try the import again, or click Cancel to cancel the import. If you retry the import, you might not be able to use the virtual machine in VMware Workstation.

ERROR received in ESXi 5.5.x

The OTF package requires support for VaApps with multiple VM's

Details: Line 68: Unsupported elements : virtualSystemsCollection

I have downloaded the software no less then 3 times. 

All All my VM ware software for now is evaluation. I do have several working Microsoft VM's working including  2012 Server 2008 R2 Servers and some Linux boxes. I plan to buy a 2nd server to add the the environment for Vmotion, HA so on and so for the.  I will also be building a faster Free NAS or buying one ( likely buy one that is VM Ware approved ) .  I will also go with no less then a 24 port layer 3 switch.

Ay suggestions / help / advice at this point would be welcome and helpful.  Please be critical and if you see room for improvement and a better build of this LAB please be willing to share.  trust me i can handle it.  I have 2 older sisters what can be worse then growing up being the only boy in a family and the youngest????????  REALLY  WHAT?

0 Kudos
0 Replies