VMware Cloud Community
foofighter26
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VSphere Webaccess Remote Console Issue

Hi,

We have recently upgraded from Virtual Center 2.5 Update 4 to Vcenter server (Vsphere) and have also upgraded a number of our hosts to Vsphere from ESX 3.5 Update 4. Now when we set permissions at any level other than at the very top virtual center server level the remote console to a vm will not open. I have tried even giving the user group administrator rights as a test on a folder datacenter or host level and still no luck.

This is the error message:

"Cannot access virtual machine console. The request timed out. Try Again CloseThe attempt to acquire a valid session ticket for "Linux-Jboss" took longer than expected. If this problem persists, contact your system administrator".

I have read that you need to assign the permissions per vm as the propagation does not work correctly but this still does not work. And also propagation does work as it propagates from the virtual center server top level.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
2 Replies
krowczynski
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Read this one.

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/217812

MCP, VCP

MCP, VCP3 , VCP4
0 Kudos
foofighter26
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

That is the one I read it still does not work I tried giving the permissions at every level including that of the vm but still not luck.

Paul

0 Kudos