VMware Cloud Community
WellnessTelecom
Contributor
Contributor

VSphere ESX Health status monitoring

Hello,

We've a problem with vSphere ESX Agent Manager service.

We've alert message: Unable to retrieve health data from https://xxxxxx:443/eam/eamService-web/health.xml

The content of xml is:

<vimhealth xmlns="http://www.vmware.com/vi/healthservice" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" schemaVersion="1.0">

<health id="com.vmware.vim.eam">

<name>vSphere ESX Agent Manager</name>

<status>green</status>

<health id="com.vmware.vim.eam.vShield-VXLAN-service">

<name>com.vmware.vShieldManager</name>

<status>red</status>

<health id="com.vmware.vim.eam.vShield-VXLAN-service.not-initialized">

<name>10.128.1.9</name>

<status>red</status>

<message id="com.vmware.vim.eam.vShield-VXLAN-service.not-initialized.issue0" level="error" time="2019-11-29T13:00:07">XXX uninitialized</message>

</health>

<name>10.128.1.6</name>

<status>red</status>

<message id="com.vmware.vim.eam.vShield-VXLAN-service.not-initialized.issue0" level="error" time="2019-11-29T12:59:04">XXX uninitialized</message>

</health>

<name>10.128.1.8</name>

<status>red</status>

<message id="com.vmware.vim.eam.vShield-VXLAN-service.not-initialized.issue0" level="error" time="2019-11-29T12:59:25">XXX uninitialized</message>

</health>

<name>10.128.1.7</name>

<status>red</status>

<message id="com.vmware.vim.eam.vShield-VXLAN-service.not-initialized.issue0" level="error" time="2019-11-29T12:59:46">XXX uninitialized</message>

</health>

</health>

</health>

</vimhealth>

The error occurred after a power failure. We tried to restart the server but the alert still appears.

To what is due?

Thank you

Regards

5 Replies
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

Hi

Did you setup the NSX in your virutal infrastructure? If it's yes, can you check the related agents in your ESXi host and give information are their VIBs deployed successfully?

Run these commands:

esxcli software vib list | grep VMware

esxcli software vib list | grep NSX

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
WellnessTelecom
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Amin,

We have it on a Windows machine. I installed vCLI for Windows, when I try to execute the commands you indicate, I get an error:

2.PNG

Error: "grep" is not recognized as an internal or external command, program or executable batch file

Can you inform me of the command for Windows systems?

Thanks

Regards

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Those where written to be run directly on the host, because grep isn't a windows command. Try replacing grep with findstr.

NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

ESXCLI is a useful Command-Line and must run exactly on the ESXi host only. (you cannot run it even on the VCSA!, just ESXi)

Also | grep will find string include everything that is mentioned exactly after the command in the result of the first part of CLI (before the | )

VIB files are vSphere installation bundle files (collection of files in the single archive)

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
WellnessTelecom
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

When executing the commands you have indicated to me, the following returns:

<APPDATA>\VMware\credstore\vicredentials.xml on

vmware.PNG

vmware2.PNG

0 Kudos