VMware Cloud Community
miikkeeb
Contributor
Contributor

VPXD Wont start

Yesterday I ran into an issue of my Virtual Center not starting. After talking with the tech and investigating some we came to the conclusion that my DB has reached the max size. It was 2gb and with SQL express 2000 that is the size limit. So because of this we decided to do 2 things to fix the issue. We decided to detach the DB from SQL Express 2000 and attach it to my main SQL server which is SQL 2005 Ent. Then we also decided to upgrade my Virtual Center to 2.5. Well we did all of this but we could not attach to the existing DB. Yes we did a consistency check on the DB when we exported it and it was fine. So now we have created a brand new DB on my SQL server. We have gone into the ODBC on the VC server and created the pointer using SQL Native Client. It would not let us use SQL Driver during the install. Still the VMWare Virtual Center Server Service will not start. So I now went back into the ODBC and removed the SQL Native Client links and added in a SQL Driver link. But still I have no luck. Has any one ran into the issue?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

Here are a couple KB's you might find helpful

0 Kudos