VMware Cloud Community
pwcnash
Contributor
Contributor

VPXCLient has encountered a problem and needs to close.

No matter how many times i uninstall and reinstall the VI client, this error occurs when ever i try to launch the client. It was working fine earlier and all of a sudden i started getting this error. I am using windows XP.

Does any one know what the problem could be?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

You need a good registry clean. That's the problem. Windows needs a weekly cleanup of registry.

http://www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic/

0 Kudos
pwcnash
Contributor
Contributor

Cleaning the registry did not help. I deployed a backed up image of my laptop and its working fine now.

Thank for the help anyways.

0 Kudos
BisonIT
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same problem. I tried the registry cleaner and no help. I don't want to reinstall my laptop! This is driving me nutz!

1. update ###

I installed xp SP3 and that fixed the problem. I simply ran the XP updates and after SP3 was finished the client worked again. I am sure there was something wrong with my OS but everything else worked fine and I had no idea as to what or how to fix it. I sure didn't want to reinstall my laptop and start over. So if you have a problem like this and don't know what to do.... try microsoft updates. It could fix your problem.

Randall

0 Kudos
khrisjonesreyes
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same problem after I update my client to a higher version, I solve the issue by installing a new update for .NET since the client is dependent on the .NET framework.

0 Kudos