Contributor

VMware Vsphere 6.7 VPXD failed to start

Anyone facing same issue. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Braao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

"VPXD failed to start" error in VMware vSphere 6.7, this usually indicates a problem with the VMware vCenter Server (VPXD) service. This failure can have many causes, and it is important to diagnose and resolve the issue in order for your virtualization environment to function properly. Here are some initial steps you can take to try to resolve this situation:

Check the logs: The vCenter Server logs can provide valuable information on why the failure occurred. Look for error messages or alerts that might indicate the root cause of the problem. Logs are typically located in the /var/log/vmware/vpx/ folder on the vCenter server.

Insufficient Resources: Check if the vCenter server has enough available resources such as CPU, memory and disk space. If the server is overloaded, it might not be able to start the VPXD service.

Check Database: If vCenter Server is using an external database, check that the database is working properly and that vCenter Server can connect to it. Database errors can prevent VPXD from starting.

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I already reported this post to the moderators, asking them to move it to the area for vCenter Server so it gets the best audience.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
jaipraksh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ajay1988
Expert
Expert

A service can fails for 100 + reasons. 

service-control --stop --all && service-control --start --all

If this fails for vpxd service check logs which shall provide inputs about the issue. 
/var/log/vmware/vpxd/vpxd.log

If you think your queries have been answered
Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful".

Regards,
AJ