VMware Cloud Community
davismisbehavis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware Update Manager - Changing the VC Authentication

Hi Guys

Just completed a VC upgrade from 2.0.2 to 2.5 Update 3. All went well with very few issues. I did however have an issue in that our IT Management did not provide me with the correct administrator password for the VC Server.

When prompted during the VUM install to enter a username and password for accessing vCenter Server I had to use my own network credentials. Now this would be fine as I have full access but my passsword didn't change every 45 days. So when it next changes VUM will stop being able to talk to vCenter Server.

I'll get the correct administrator password tomorrow when I'm back in the office but I am wondering if anyone knows how to change the password without having to uninstall and reinstall the update manager software.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated

Cheers

D.Misbehavis

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jguidroz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The credentials are just used for installation, not for continuous communication. Whenever I install or upgrade VC and VUM, I always use my credentials which have full admin rights in our Virtual Infrastructure, and VUM has never stopped working when the password on my account need is changed.

davismisbehavis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Excellent

Thanks for the response, that puts my mind at ease.

0 Kudos
JonRoderick
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I can back this up - the admin credentials are only for installation - not ongoing communication (yeah, you already know this but doesn't it give you a nice warm feeling when 2 people say it?)

Jon

0 Kudos