tool bar on the top of the GUI are a bit different then my

basic VC client. I have a screen shot of what my client looks like

attached to this post. For instance,

I cannot choose from " clone to template " , "convert to

template ".. I dont have the options on the tool bar such as " maps "

"feedback " "events" ...

Can someone pleae help? !

damon.kashtiban@gmail.com

Thanks a million!!!!!! ..........................The Screen Shot is attached.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ruppgeoff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You mention other clients... Are you seeing different things when you login elsewhere? I would look at permissions. In some cases, permissions in VC are not exactly what you think they are. What permissions do you have to that VirtualCenter instance? At all levels(Datacenter, Host and Clusters, etc...)?

0 Kudos
dkashtiban
Contributor
Contributor

Q : You mention other clients... Are you seeing different things when you

login elsewhere?

Answer - I'm seeing the same exact thing as when I log in other places or locations. I am logging in as root.

What

permissions do you have to that VirtualCenter instance? At all

levels(Datacenter, Host and Clusters, etc...)?

Answer - How would I find that or change the values ? Attached is a showing of my permissions as root in VC. (root and administrator)

I'm pretty sure Im admin on the box with full privilages. It's just weird I cant see more features and options as others. Smiley Sad

• Attached is a permissions screen shot

0 Kudos
ruppgeoff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Message didn't seem to come across when I replied.

Oh...

You can use domain credentials to login to a VirtualCenter server. Or if the server is not part of a domain you could log into the VC server with the administrator account on the server. That will give you what you are looking for... You only use root when you need to connect directly to the ESX server.

0 Kudos
ruppgeoff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Oh...

You can use domain credentials to login to a VirtualCenter server. Or if the server is not part of a domain you could log into the VC server with the administrator account on the server. That will give you what you are looking for... You only use root when you need to connect directly to the ESX server.

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal

Judging from your screenshots you are not seeing those options because you are not connected to the VC Server directly with the VI Client. On your screen on the right it looks like you are connected directly to an ESX server with the VI Client. When you connect direct to ESX the Clone and Templates options are not available, this are a function of VirtualCenter. Connect to VC instead and you should see them.

0 Kudos