VMware Cloud Community
Enabling
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Infrastructure Client Hanging

Hi Guys,

Sorry im new to the VMware world, I have an ESX server 3.5.0 Build 82663 on a Dell Poweredge 2950 serverand VMware Infrastructure Client 2.5.0 Build 84767 on a Dell Insperon workstation running Windows 7, the issue I have is that the VIC has recently started hanging when I try and pull up a list of the VM machines on the ESX server. The only way I have found to resolve this is to physically reboot the ESX server and then I can connect the VIC again and get the list and start all the VM images on it, however sometimes it will just freeze when starting an image and if I click on the power on option again I get a message stating that you cannot start a power on operation when one is in progress, and then Im back to square one where the VIC is frozen again.

Is there any way to restart the VIC portion on the ESX box without rebooting the ESX server?

Thanks in advance

Werner

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

how much memory do you have configured for the service console? Maybe, if not there, configure for 800MB.  Also, have you confirmed the same behavior by launching the VIC from another workstation?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

how much memory do you have configured for the service console? Maybe, if not there, configure for 800MB.  Also, have you confirmed the same behavior by launching the VIC from another workstation?

0 Kudos
Enabling
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Troy

Thanks,that resolved the issue , memory had been set to 252Mb, as a matter of interest if the VIC freezes, you can reset it from the ESX console by typing the following service mgmt-vmware restart that resets the VIC without affecting the VM machines on teh ESX box.

0 Kudos