VMware Cloud Community
beckham007fifa

VMware 5.1 AD login

I am not able to login in vcenter server, but able to login from local account. How to resolve this issue? I have contacted AD team and got the certificates from them. How to enable AD authentication for Vcenter Server?

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos
10 Replies
beckham007fifa

these are two cert which AD team has given me..

Cert and CetR

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert

Is the AD added as an identity source inside the 5.1 SSO?

Also, what sort of error do you get on trying to login with the domain creds?

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos
vuzzini
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In case the AD is added as an Identity source in SSO. You may check this by logging into vSphere Web Client with sso administrator credentials (admin@System-Domain) > Select Administration under Home > Go to Configuration  > Select Identity sources and ensure that the AD is added here.

Once the AD is verified to be existing under Identity sources > Login to vCenter with your local account > Go to Permissions and add the AD user here.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. Sandeep Vuzzini Sr. DevOps Engineer
0 Kudos
beckham007fifa

do I have to get AD certificates or something? can I get a KB article on this please. Many Thanks.

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert

Are you using smartcard authentication?

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos
beckham007fifa

Nope!

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert

Did you try the step mentioned by vuzzini?

"Login to vCenter with your local account > Go to Permissions and add the AD user here."

Regards

Girish

0 Kudos
beckham007fifa

Actually, I dont have access to check that. I am not the super user, how can i confirm that my id is not added in vcenter role without having administrator privilege. Many Thanks.

I had admin access earlier but i was not super user, for past 2 weeks, i cannot login.

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos
Praveenmna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

There are few possiblities for this issue.\

1) Host not added to Domain

2) Domain account lock out. check with AD team to verify your account status.

3) Lack of permission for domain account in vCenter.  Access the vCenter using VI client  with local account, and make sure your domain ID has required permission on vCenter.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. Praveen P Senior Support Engineer
0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert

Can you get somebody who is the super user check your permissions on VC?

Regards

Girish

0 Kudos