VMware Cloud Community
brekus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMWare tools status in VC 2.5

Anyone else notice that even though VMWare tools are up to date in the VM's that in VC 2.5 it still shows out of date? Is there a fix for it?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Phil_White
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I can't say I have ever experienced this problem. However, I also reboot my VM's after I do an upgrade of the VM tools. If you have already rebooted after upgrdaing your VM tools, have you tried logging on to an ESX server directly and seeing if it does the same thing? I have had issues in the past where the Virtualcenter isn't completely accurate.

brekus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've rebooted the machines multiple times and removed/reinstalled tools from them. It seems to only happen on some VM's. The VI console from the host shows the same as VC. Maybe it's just an issue with certain VMs. Just never saw it before on VC 2.0.2

0 Kudos
Phil_White
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you tried to do a "service mgmt-vmware restart" command on the ESX hosts themselves?

0 Kudos
brekus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yep, and it's only happening on random VM's even on the same host. Just kinda odd.

0 Kudos
Phil_White
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dang...well I'm thinking you may have already seen this thread but if not here it is:

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/118795

The second to last comment is by RParker, perhaps you can try doing what he said about removing vm tools, rebooting the vm, installing, and rebooting again. Good luck!