VMware Cloud Community
DCTony
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Virtual Center Service stuck on starting

vCenter 2.5 u3. Running as a VM, attached to Oracle on remote physical server. vCenter starts and runs fine on setup, but after a reboot the service refuses to start. Manually starting the service gives a message that it didn't start in a timely manner and the status stays at starting with no ability to stop or restart. A reboot doesn't solve anything. Oracle is up and running. Testing the connection through the OCDB Administrator and tnsping are successful.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DCTony
Contributor
Contributor

Well, it started after 30 minutes and I was able to login. Seems a little excessive.

0 Kudos
blp848
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would check to make sure the rool up jobs are running properly, and try compacting the DB (not sure if you can do this with Oracle). The larger the DB gets the longer it will take to start the service. At it's worst I was @ 45minutes to start the service. I found that my rollup jobs were not running and that the DB was close to 40GB. After getting the rollup jobs working and compressing the DB I am around 15GB for the DB and the service starts in under 5 minutes now.

0 Kudos