vCenter

View Only
  • 1.  VMWare Infrastructure Client Login - password change

Posted Dec 09, 2008 04:06 PM

I login to the VMWare Infrastructure Client using domain admin credentials. I recently changed the domain admin password, but I can log into the VIC with the old and the new password? Is there a password cache somewhere that would need to be cleared? Is the VIC not integrated with Active Directory?

• 2.  RE: VMWare Infrastructure Client Login - password change
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 09, 2008 04:18 PM

Did you chamge the local Admin password on the VC server? I think that is where it is coming from-

If you find this or any other answer usefule please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

• 3.  RE: VMWare Infrastructure Client Login - password change

Posted Dec 09, 2008 04:32 PM

The VC server is logged in as Domain Admin and the server was rebooted and logged in with the new password.

• 4.  RE: VMWare Infrastructure Client Login - password change

Posted Dec 10, 2008 03:11 PM

I should add that I can still log in with the old and the new password to the VIC. Restarting the service did not help. Any ideas?

• 5.  RE: VMWare Infrastructure Client Login - password change

Posted Dec 10, 2008 03:19 PM

Hi, weinstein5 said is the VC server ( MACHINE_NAME\Administrator ) LOCAL password the same as the old DOMAIN ( DOMAIN\Administrator ) adminstrator password? You could test this by logging into the VC server using username: Administrator password: old_password domain: VC_server_name

Thanks,

Neil