VMware Cloud Community
gavinfitz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWARE Virtual Center Service not starting

I'm having problems starting the VMWARE Virtual Centre Service on my Virtual Center server.

I recently upgraded from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 and since the upgrade this service will not start.

I've tried removing virtual centre, vi client & reinstalling but up to now having no joy.

The even log is as follows:!http://communities.vmware.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/1114/vmwareServiceerror.JPG!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dfgl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Have you checked what account the service is trying to use - can't remember what the default is but until I changed the Log On As settings in the service's properties to a valid domain account I had the same problem. (Also as an aside - are you also running IIS on the VC server?)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nadger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Have a look at the logs in C:\Windows\temp\vpx that will have more deatils of why the service is not starting.

dfgl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Have you checked what account the service is trying to use - can't remember what the default is but until I changed the Log On As settings in the service's properties to a valid domain account I had the same problem. (Also as an aside - are you also running IIS on the VC server?)

0 Kudos
RichardB1000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have had similar problems in the past and they were always to do with DB connectivity. I am using MS-SQL 2005 SP1 on a seperate DB server and I got this message if my credentials were wrong or locked but most often when the DB server was rebooted or down. If you are using the SQL 2005 SP1 you have to get your DBA to execute the instructions in the following KB article.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=6565318&sl...

Also as already mentioned looking at the log files in c:\windows\temp\vpx does help alot!

0 Kudos