VMware Cloud Community
mdamda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VM

Hi i am new to vmware, I need to export a VM from one vcenter server and import it other vcenter server.

The other vCenter Server is in remote site and its isolated. I want to give the copy of my Image.

Wht is the best way becoz the site is very far and i dont want to make any mistake. experts guideme.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alim786
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Export it as a OVM Template and Import it again into the other vCenter :-

Step 1: from within the vSphere client, while connected to vCenter1, select the VM and then from "File" menu select "Export"->"Export OVF Template" (Note: make sure the VM is Powered Off otherwise this feature is not available - it will be gray). This action will allow you to save on your machine/laptop the VM (as an .vmdk, .ovf and a .mf file).

Step 2: Connect to the vCenter2 with your vSphere client and from "File" menu select "Deploy OVF Template..." and then select the location where the VM was saved in the previous step.

VCP6-DCV, VCP5, CCNA, MCTS 2008R2, MCSA 2008R2, CCA, ITIL. Please mark answer helpful or correct as appropriate.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alim786
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Export it as a OVM Template and Import it again into the other vCenter :-

Step 1: from within the vSphere client, while connected to vCenter1, select the VM and then from "File" menu select "Export"->"Export OVF Template" (Note: make sure the VM is Powered Off otherwise this feature is not available - it will be gray). This action will allow you to save on your machine/laptop the VM (as an .vmdk, .ovf and a .mf file).

Step 2: Connect to the vCenter2 with your vSphere client and from "File" menu select "Deploy OVF Template..." and then select the location where the VM was saved in the previous step.

VCP6-DCV, VCP5, CCNA, MCTS 2008R2, MCSA 2008R2, CCA, ITIL. Please mark answer helpful or correct as appropriate.
0 Kudos