VMware Cloud Community
lakshmanakumar
Contributor
Contributor

VM console issue

Hi,

Greetings.. We are using VC 2.0.1. In the Virtual infrastructure client windows, one of the vm is shows as "Power down". Actually, that VM system is up and running. We can able to take using RDC also. But, In VIC, its shows down. Please do needful and help me.

With Regards,

V.Lakshmanakumar.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jjohnston1127
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

You can try a couple of things:

Try running: "service mgmt-vmware restart" on the ESX server that contains the virtual machine.

Try shutting down and restarting the Virtual Center service in Windows.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

What version of ESX are you running? If you are running 3.0.1, please refer to this KB article before you try the commands below, which may help resolve your issue

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=755744...

From the console type the following on the ESX HOST within VC that the VM is showing as shutdown.

service vmware-vpxa restart

service mgmt-vmware restart

Also, you can try to disconnect the host from the cluster, remove it from VC and add it back in. Please refer to the KB above as well for disconnects.

0 Kudos
lakshmanakumar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Actual problem is, my VM system is up and running without any issue..but, in VC2.0.1, its show like "down". Due to this, we can't able to Open the console using VC.

Regards,

V.Lakshman

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

did you try the suggestions posted by me and another user?

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

If this is the case try restarting the VC server service -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos