VMware Cloud Community
jasonboche
Immortal
Immortal

VI client and other VMware products installed on same machine?

Is anyone successfully running the VI client and another VMware product such as VMware Server or VMware Workstation on the same Windows machine? I've had problems with this in the past. The VI client crashes when trying to log on to VirtualCenter server when VMware Server is also installed. I haven't tried with the most recent VI client though so I was wondering if this has been resolved, or maybe it's just my machine. I know there are some isoloation tools out there to keep them separated but I'd rather not go to that extreme.

Thank you,

Jas

VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MR-T
Immortal
Immortal

I run workstation and have the VI client without any issues. Both versions 5 & 6 tested without issue.

I've also got a machine with Server on it and the client runs no problems.

admin
Immortal
Immortal

Same as Stu, I've got Converer + Workstation (5.5 and 6 beta tested) + VI client (3.0.1/2.0.1) installed on my PC and haven't had any problems. Not tried Server though.

jasonboche
Immortal
Immortal

Resolved.

http://www.vmware.com/community/thread.jspa?messageID=640130&#640130

VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
0 Kudos