VMware Cloud Community
edevlin
Contributor
Contributor

VI Client keeps closing after 10 mins

All,

Have a strange error which I can't get round when using the VI Client - my current setup is vCenter 4.1.0 345043 + 2 x ESXi hosts  4.1.0 348481 - The issue is when I open the VI client either on my vCenter server (W2K8 R2) or on my client machine (Win 7 x64) it keeps crashing after 10 mins with the error.....

The session with vCenter servername server has been stopped by an adminstrator vSphere client will be closed

I have googled the issue and I see am not the only 1 to have experienced the problem but nobody seems to have a solution?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

To me someone is manually dropping your session, whether it be scripted or by going into vCenter--Home--Sessions. With that said, check your client settings to ensure you don't have any custom timeout values set.  Edit--Client Settings--Client-Server Command Timeout

Also, just in case, take a look at the following KB article

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1031039

0 Kudos
edevlin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply however no joy......I have checked through my client settings and it's set for use server settings also, can't see any scripts running to cause this issue.

I have ran through the KB and if I apply the changes in the registry & in the cfg file I get the error straight away, if I apply the registry settings only I get the error 15 mins into session. I might be doing something wrong with the placement of the <soap> entries although I have tried a few different locations and no joy.

Thanks

0 Kudos
edevlin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Can anyone else help on this issue? It's not a client issue as it happens on my machine as well as the vSphere server. I have changed the settings noted in the pervious post but still the error appears

Thanks

0 Kudos