VMware Cloud Community
TCP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VI Client 2.5 loading inventory approximately 2 minutes

Hi All.

I'm install VC 2.5+SQL 2005 Express in a virtual machine with 2x CPU and 2Gb memory

VC 2.5 manages 3 ESX 3.5 hosts.

When i try connect VI Client 2.5 to VC from local network or from VC VM VI Client loading inventory approximately 2 minutes.

Is it normally or problem?

Please help!

VCP3, VCP4
0 Kudos
5 Replies
avarcher
Commander
Commander

Have you any plugins installed? Converter or update manager? If so try without, they seem to take a bit of time to load.

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

OK, you have 3 problems.

1) you are using SQL Express. It's not supported, you should be using SQL standard.

2) you are using a VM. Which isn't a problem per-se but the database is going to be much slower, one because it's with the VC and secondly, it's inside of a VM, performance for IO in a VM is much slower than a physical box.

3) You should separate VC from it's database, performance is better.

the best throughput you can get and will get is a separate DB instance residing on a physical box, VC on a physical host.

0 Kudos
TCP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok.

Thanks.

I try to install database in other VM and let know of results.

VCP3, VCP4
0 Kudos
lholling
Expert
Expert

Hi There

Take a look at this forum thread. For us (in our Test ESX environment) it made quite a bit of difference in load times

http://communities.vmware.com/message/880516#880516

Leonard...

-

Don't forget if the answers help, award points

---- Don't forget if the answers help, award points
0 Kudos
TCP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi All!

Thanks for all recomendations.

Result of my tests:

1. Add extra memory and cpu (4 cpu, 4Gb memory) - not solve problem

2. Use external database - not solve problem

3. Maximize data throughput for network applications (File and print sharing) - not solve problem

3. Disable Pligins in VC Client (Update Mnager, Converter Enterprise) - not solve problem

Solution:

Do not install Update Mnager and Converter Enterprise Clients or remove this clients from Add Remove Programms if they are installed.

Thanks to All

VCP3, VCP4
0 Kudos