I'm install VC 2.5+SQL 2005 Express in a virtual machine with 2x CPU and 2Gb memory
VC 2.5 manages 3 ESX 3.5 hosts.
When i try connect VI Client 2.5 to VC from local network or from VC VM VI Client loading inventory approximately 2 minutes.
Is it normally or problem?
OK, you have 3 problems.
1) you are using SQL Express. It's not supported, you should be using SQL standard.
2) you are using a VM. Which isn't a problem per-se but the database is going to be much slower, one because it's with the VC and secondly, it's inside of a VM, performance for IO in a VM is much slower than a physical box.
3) You should separate VC from it's database, performance is better.
the best throughput you can get and will get is a separate DB instance residing on a physical box, VC on a physical host.
Take a look at this forum thread. For us (in our Test ESX environment) it made quite a bit of difference in load times
Don't forget if the answers help, award points
Thanks for all recomendations.
Result of my tests:
1. Add extra memory and cpu (4 cpu, 4Gb memory) - not solve problem
2. Use external database - not solve problem
3. Maximize data throughput for network applications (File and print sharing) - not solve problem
3. Disable Pligins in VC Client (Update Mnager, Converter Enterprise) - not solve problem
Do not install Update Mnager and Converter Enterprise Clients or remove this clients from Add Remove Programms if they are installed.
Thanks to All