VMware Cloud Community
zenking
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

VCenter Server Appliance Upgrade Stalled

I finished stage one of a vcsa 6.0 >6.7 upgrade (after a minor update manager mishap documented here - vsphere upgrade and update manager ). I continued to stage 2, but I just have a blank window that says vCenter Server Appliance Installer at the top. It's been stuck there for over 30 minutes. I've been searching but haven't found this exact problem yet. I've seen some indication that I should try logging into the new vm with the temporary IP, but that page can't be found. Logging into the source vcsa IP shows that it is still at 6.0.

Any ideas? If I have to start over, any recommendations on getting stage 2 to push through?

Thanks.

VMWare Environment: vSphere 7.0, EQ PS6210 SANs, Dell R730 Hosts, dedicated Dell switches w/ separate vlans for vmotion and iscsi.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zenking
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Resolved. I shut down the first vm that never got the source config, then started over and created another new vm. This time it went all the way through with no problem, so all good.

VMWare Environment: vSphere 7.0, EQ PS6210 SANs, Dell R730 Hosts, dedicated Dell switches w/ separate vlans for vmotion and iscsi.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
zenking
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I logged into the esxi host web page and see both the vcsa source and new vm are running (no surprise there since the migration hasn't finished), but the new VM host name is photon-machine. That made me laugh, but I'm not sure where to go from here. I tried opening a console window, but it's also blank. I can ping the temporary address for the new vm, but I can't get into the 5480 page with any web browser.

0 Kudos
zenking
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Resolved. I shut down the first vm that never got the source config, then started over and created another new vm. This time it went all the way through with no problem, so all good.

0 Kudos