VMware Cloud Community
jr4711
Contributor
Contributor

VCenter 6.7 Licence question

Hi All,

I'm new on the forum  and I'm VCSA, but hopefully, I get here some information and hints,

My customer use some isolated Vmware installation in the production area.

I work on one plant, as he has some problems on an other installation.

Problem: operator delete  the vsca - VM .....and no backup. Ok, bad, but's life.

It was a vm 6.0 installation.

So I was ask for help, to do a new installation of the VCSA,

There are 2  esxi hosts installation, which shares one SAN running aprox. 20 vm's.

The supporter from the original supplier told me to use VCSA 6.7 with html interface. This should be covered by the 6.0 License.

So I installed the photon VM with VCSA6.7, provided by VmWare.

All works great with the evulation license.  ( VCustomer takes some days to "find" the license-paper )

So I installed a license: "VmWare vSphere 6 Essential Plus (CPUs)" some weeks later.

All works fine.

But now, we find a issue:  It seems, the VCSA use all the time the Evolation License, not the custumer License.

And I'm not able to understand:  why, and what to do.

All vm's were disconncted

both esxi hosts were disconected

In the Licene Overview both license were listet, while the Evo was marked as "abgelaufen" ( german:outday/timeout)

delete the Evo-license is not possible.

Found a hint to "attach a new license" to the vcsa, but it does not work.

Only the EVO Lic. is displayed. The customer lic is not shown in the selection box.

Try to add here the customer lic additional  ended with error : "license is still installed".

My question is concerning the Lic.: "VmWare vSphere 6 Essential Plus (CPUs)" Is it still ok for running 2 esxi ( with 2 Cpu's) AND the VCSA. Or do we need a additional Lic's ???

If the used Lic. is ok: How to change the system to accept it ?

If you need more information  to give a hint, please let me know,

Thanks a lot for any response

JR

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

vSphere Essentials Kits come with two license types, one for the ESXi hosts (the CPU license you mentioned) and another one for the vCenter Server. It looks like this license has not been entered/applied yet.

The licenses are usually registered to the email address that was provided when the licenses where purchased. See whether your customer has the proper credentials to login to the VMware Customer Connect portal, where the licenses should be available.

André

0 Kudos
jr4711
Contributor
Contributor

Hallo Andrea,

Thank's a lot for the fast answere.

Your explanation clears the messages.

So I had to ask the customer ......for additional licence material.

Problem:

The licence were sold to an austrian it companey,

These company sold it to a engieeering companey,

And these companey sold it  the customer.

The customer companey is reorganized 2 times ........

Hopefully someone find the papers.....

One question: Whats the aprox. price for a "new" license ?

Thanks a lot for the answeres

JR

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

You can find retail prices for the different Essentials Kits at https://store-de.vmware.com/

André (not Andrea)

0 Kudos
jr4711
Contributor
Contributor

Hi André,

excuse me.

JR

0 Kudos