VMware Cloud Community
kreischl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCenter 2.5 Update 1 client crashing in Vista

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

2.5 worked great on Vista (non -SP1). Since upgrading to update 1 it crashes every 10-20 minutes. Applying Vista SP1 didn't help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
tklose
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I see that this is an older post...but needs to come to the surface again.

YES. I have that problem and others

Our enviroment.

We are running VCenter on a Windows 2008 Enterprise server under Hypervisor.

We did this because we wanted VC Server to run on a physical box, with our SQL on a physical box.

We are using x64 OS's for all our servers going forward. >>> VMware needs to have thier Virtual Center updated to support 64bit on a sever and client.

Our admins are now runnig Vista x64 Business.

Both admins have crashes multiple times a day. Usually the remote desktop begins to fail with error messages.....soon there after the applciation crashes out.

We seen a distrubing side effect which seems to affect windows 2003 SP2 clusters. We beleive if the remote desktop VMWARE client crashes while logged onto the server, the server will not let you log off on the next connection. The server believes it is in the shutdown sequence...but everything is running as normal. Users using regular windows remote desktop don't see the problem; only the VMclients. Only choice is to fail everything over to the working cluster node and hit the power reset on the VM guest!

VMWARE...please take this as a priority item to resolve issues in Virtual Center. The world is running x64 bit clients and servers...especially the IT adminstrators!

0 Kudos
jayolsen
Expert
Expert

I was on Vista 32 bit crashed very often. I have since upgrade VC to update 2 and update 3 and the client upgrade now works much better. No crashes on Vista since update 2 was applied to VC. Can't speak for 64 bit versions.

0 Kudos
tklose
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for that feedback....

I'm reviewing the upradge notes now and will blaze a new trail for 64 bit.

I'll post any issues I find.

0 Kudos
tklose
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Good news.

VC2.5 Client with Update 3 on Vista 64 bit seems stable so far. (Build 119598)

I've been running it for a few days now and none of the issues I've had before occured.

It actually was a graceful automatic update to the other adminstrators the next time they connected as well.

I'll post any new developments or issues if/when they occur.

:smileyblush:

0 Kudos